The Blackleach race is 5-mile multi-terrain run which takes place in the beautiful surroundings of Blackleach Country Park in Walkden, Salford.
The results from the Blackleach Country Park 5-mile Multi-Terrain Race from 9th September 2018 are now available:
Thanks to everyone who took part and helped out on the day!
If you find any discrepancies with the results, or if you have any feedback about the race, please get in touch with us!
Photos from the race are now online - take a look at our Flickr album.
Due to emergency excavation works that are taking place on the Linnyshaw Loop Line path, we are having to run an alternative route this year:
As you can see, the excavation works are quite extensive - there isn't any getting around them! (Apparently there is a fault with a 33,000-volt electricity cable that runs under the path; there is also a high-pressure gas main right next to it!)
Our alternative route will still be two laps, but it will be slightly short, the total distance being 4.8 miles:
The route will be well-marshalled, so don't worry about getting lost!
Entry in advance is priced at:
- £8 for UK Athletics affiliated runners; and
- £10 for unaffiliated runners.
You can enter online now via BookItZone (please note there is a small additional handling charge levied by BookItZone for their online entry service).
Online entry closes at 11:59pm on Friday 7th September.
Entry on the day
Entry on the day is available, subject to our race entry limit of 300 not having been reached. Entry on the day is priced at:
- £8 if you are member of a club affiliated to the Central Lancs Grand Prix;
- £10 for other UK Athletics affiliated runners; and
- £12 for unaffiliated runners. Please be sure to arrive at the Race HQ in good time to fill out the race entry form and pay!
Please note that we do not have exclusive use of the paths in the park; other members of the public are free to use the paths within the park and we ask that all participants treat other users of the park with respect and courtesy.
Our UKA race licence number is 2018-34961.
Travelling to the race
The race start is near the Blackleach Visitors Centre, which is just off John Street in Walkden, Salford.
If you're travelling by car, then you'll need a place to park it! There are a few options...
Blackleach Visitors Centre
There is a small car park next to the race headquarters at the Blackleach Visitors Centre (off John Street), however this will be full very early on race day. If you are not at the venue by 9:00am, please park on the streets near the park.
Postcode for sat-navs: M28 3TD
On Street Parking
On street parking is available on the streets around the entrance to Blackleach Country Park.
If you are parking on the street, please park with consideration for local residents; access to properties on these streets must be maintained at all times.
Please help us to mitigate the impact of the race on local residents congestion by using the streets on both sides of Bolton Road:
- John Street, Whitehead Street and Hill Top Road - use postcode M28 3TD
- Brackley Street - use postcode M28 3GU
- Mountain Street - use postcode M28 3TY
Please note that there will be a church service that taking place at the Parish Church of St. John the Baptist on Algernon Road at the same time as our race. There are a number of disabled parishioners who will attend this service who need to park close to the entrance to the church; please do not park outside or near to the entrance to the church.
There are a small number of bicycle racks outside the race headquarters at the Blackleach Visitors Centre.
The 37 bus from Bolton stops very near the race headquarters on Bolton Road.
The 36 bus from Manchester stops in Walkden town centre, which is half a mile from the race headquarters.
Please see the TfGM website for more information on the available bus services.
Walkden Railway Station is less than one mile from the race headquarters.
Please see the National Rail Enquiries website for more information on available train services.
Central Lancs Grand Prix
Manchester YMCA Harriers are delighted that the Blackleach 5-mile trail race has been included in the Central Lancs Grand Prix. Members of clubs participating in the Central Lancs Grand Prix can enter the Blackleach race on the day at the "early bird" entry price, subject to the race entry limit of 300 not having been reached.
Previous Years' Results and Photos
- Results from the 2018 Blackleach Country Park 5-mile trail race
- Photos from the 2018 Blackleach Country Park 5-mile trail race
- Results from the 2017 Blackleach Country Park 5-mile trail race
- Photos from the 2017 Blackleach Country Park 5-mile trail race
- Results from the 2016 Blackleach Country Park 5-mile trail race
- Photos from the 2016 Blackleach Country Park 5-mile trail race
- Results from the 2015 Blackleach Country Park 5-mile trail race
- Photos from the 2015 Blackleach Country Park 5-mile trail race